bug: extra HTML tags appearing in my code

Jeff Imig jeffimig at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 2 06:31:25 PDT 2001

>I clicked the edit button and confirmed that a </tr> tag had been added to
>the bottom of the text in the edit window. I took it out and submitted the
>page. Still no text. I clicked the edit button and the tag had been added
>again.
>
>I have noticed this behaviour before - with other tags being added to the
>bottom of my HTML in the edit form - but this time it's serious. Is this a
>known bug. How do I fix it?
>
>Thanks,
>Jim

Jim,
	One of our users just had a very similar problem (I'd say the
same problem, but nothing is ever the same).  The problem was that
they had accidentally deleted part of a table data tag (just the
concluding &gt;  of a TD... Manila tries to complete the table
structure,  but no matter what the page was blank.  I found the
offending part by pasting the page in BBEdit & digging there.

    I used to have this a lot myself until I trained myself to be
hyper about knowing the tags were right befor clicking submit.

    The auto completion that Manila does is a mixed blessing, I think.

	Jeff.
--
	Jeff Imig

	Research Engineering Assistant/LAN Coordinator
	Psychology Department
	Illinois State University
	Normal, IL USA 61790-4620
	DeGarmo 14