Gems references when moving site

Charles-Mourad Jaber Charles-Mourad.Jaber at businessobjects.com
Tue Dec 4 14:02:58 PST 2001

Thanks, it is what I was looking for

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Dow [mailto:Me at KenDow.Com]
Sent: lundi 3 décembre 2001 15:56
To: Frontier-Users at userland.com
Subject: Re: Gems references when moving site

Charles,

>I recently move some sites from a frontier server to an other.... All is
>running right now, but all gems aren't referenced any more into the
>tranfered site.... is it normal ?

Depending on how the gems were being served on the old server, the
gem files may have to be transferred from the to a new location. If
you're using the same static server from both Frontier servers then
that won't be required.

There is one subtable for each gem in the
xxxManilaWebsite.["#newsSite"].gems.data table. It has a local file
system path for the gem and a URL from which it should be served. One
or both may have to  be updated in order for gems to work on the new
server.

If Frontier is serving the gems, you'll have to check that there is a
config.mainresponder.domains entry pointing to the appropriate path
on the new machine. You also need to set up the Gems configuration in
the Manila section of the Control Panel on the new server so that new
gems will  work. HTH.

--
Regards,
Ken @ http://www.kendow.com

Eat and carouse with Bacchus, or munch dry bread with Jesus, but
don't sit down without one of the gods. - D.H. Lawrence