using iCAB as default Browser in OS X

guy.jacquesson at wanadoo.fr guy.jacquesson at wanadoo.fr
Thu Oct 4 22:48:26 PDT 2001

Hello,

I am at work on a web site of mine to publish e-texts with Mac OSX and
Frontier 7.01, and use javascript intensively.
Usually - with OS 9 - I used "iCAB" to preview and publish my pages,
because it has a very good parser of javascript, and so debugging my
code was easy...

But it seems to me that in version 7.01 of Frontier the default browser
is Explorer.
I tried to get arround of that... but if I make changes as:

user.webBrowser.currentid="iCAB"

I get an error message :
"pbs" reported the following error : "invalid descriptor list" which in
turn sends me to the script "webBrowser.openURL", at the line:

return (appleEvent (id, 'GURL', 'GURL', '----', string (s), 'cwin',
openUrlIn))

it seems to me that the parameter "openUrlIn" is not the good one.But I
don'know presently what it should be... I've made many
experimentations... in vain.

******
Can anyone tell me how to configure Frontier 7.01 to set "iCAB" as the
default Brower? Or better, to SELECT the browser I need to controll the
appearance of my pages?
******
NOTE :  with Mac OS 9 and Frontier 6.2.1, I had a custom menu with an
item such as:

user.webBrowser.currentid="iCAB" (and another for Netscape, Explorer...)

and it worked fine! The browser used to preview and publish my pages
changed accordingly.

Many thanks

Guy Jacquesson
email: guy.jacquesson at wanadoo.fr