restoring Frontier from backup

PostMaster postmaster at teachesme.com
Tue Oct 16 07:30:24 PDT 2001

>We're looking for information on how to restore Frontier from the backup
>that it generates each evening.  We attempted to restore Frontier by copying
>and pasting the generated backup files into their normal location, then
>renaming them - pretty much following the suggestions listed in this thread
>on the Frontier site: http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$5569
>The application wouldn't restart.  We're running Frontier on a
>dual-processor G4/ Mac OS 10.1.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What I would make sure I do is to download a virgin copy of frontier
(from support.userland.com/download ) then put your data files in
place one at a time and try to determine which one is keeping you
from restarting Frontier.  Things to make sure of: make sure that you
have the Frontier.root file in the same folder as the application,
make if your paths have changed from the old location to the new
location, then do a find and replace in the user table, members.root,
discuss.root, config.root and any manila website tables that you have
(old path for new path)

Sam D
--
Frontier more "bang for the Buck"