installation question: NT and IIS

Balzer, Ned N.BALZER at CGNET.COM
Thu Oct 18 14:38:51 PDT 2001

Hi Brent (and others),

Thanks for your help, but I did manage to get myself in trouble somehow.  I
should have mentioned maybe that this server has about 8 IP addresses on it.
First I went into IIS and made sure that all of the websites there were
bound to specific IP addresses, none to "*All Unassigned*".  Then I added a
brand new IP address to the machine, and in DNS I assigned a name to it
(both a forward and a reverse address) -- to be specific, the name is
"manila.cgnet.com" and the address is 198.93.224.82.  And I used the name
manila.cgnet.com as the webserver address during the install of frontier.

But, the frontier webserver will not start.  When I try to start it I get
the error:
Can't bind listen stream because TCP/IP error code 10048 - Address already
in use.

It seems pretty clear what's wrong, that Frontier is trying to bind to a
different IP on the server; I just don't know how to change it.  I looked in
vain for an .ini file or a registry key that might contain this value but no
luck. Nor can I find anything to do this in the Frontier interface.  I tried
to re-run the installation, specifying the IP address rather than the
hostname (went to the Userland site), but just got the error that the server
had already been created.

I thought about changing the port but I'd really rather use the standard
port 80 if possible.

-- Ned Balzer
n.balzer at cgnet.com

Message: 1