installation question: NT and IIS

Jason Levine jason at queso.com
Fri Oct 19 11:47:35 PDT 2001

Hey there -- your problem is actually due to a feature of IIS called "socket
pooling", and it prevents you from running things on port 80 even if they're
on OTHER IP addresses than IIS uses.  (It's a strategy to minimize memory
usage across multiple IIS sites.)  I struggled with it for a while, finally
figured out the solution, and wrote a how-to:

http://q.queso.com/stories/storyReader$213

Hope this helps.

/jason