Two Frontier 7 usage questions

Philippe Martin flip at macrobyte.net
Tue Oct 30 09:14:40 PST 2001

At 1:09 -0500 23/10/01, TQ White II wrote:

>1) I am getting a new error message opening an outline, "Cant' unpack this
>type of binary value". I don't see anything that seems likely to be the
>cause. It's a perfectly ordinary web page.

Looks like a root corruption. Try to save a copy of that root. If you get an error, try to create a new outline with the content of the old outline as string, like this:

   op.newOutlineObject( string( adrOfYourCorruptOutline^ ), adrOfTheNewOutline )

If that works, run the following from quickScript (to delete the corrupt outline) and then save a copy of the root:

  table.jettison( adrOfYourCorruptOutline )

If that doesn't work... hum... I'd try to convert the outline into a string, using the "Kind" popup menu of the table window, to paste this string into a new outline. But if the previous method didn't work, I doubt this one would.

>2) Frontier now displays anchor tags as links. How can I view them as code?

Create a new item called "Toggle Outline Formatting" in your custom menu and set its script to:

	op.setHtmlFormatting( !op.getHtmlFormatting( ) )

Philippe

 Philippe MARTIN (a.k.a. Flip)              mailto:flip at macrobyte.net
 http://www.MacrobyteResources.com     http://www.Free-Conversant.com