system.temp.mainResponder error

Lohnes, Sarah slohnes at jaguar.middlebury.edu
Fri Sep 28 14:10:20 PDT 2001

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on the following error message?

Sorry! There was an error: Can't create item
"system.temp.mainResponder.localizationCache.english.longDates." because ""
is an illegal name.

Here's the context: a colleague and I were working with a teacher to create
a new site, and after making changes to some prefs we attempted to get back
to the home page by following the link on her site.  This drew the above
message.  The links all appear to be correct.  Furthermore, we can no longer
get to her home page by typing in the URL.  We can still navigate around
within the site.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Sarah

Sarah Lohnes
Center for Educational Technology
Middlebury College