Help! Server went dead...

Brad Marsh research4 at snowcrest.net
Thu Dec 5 12:43:42 PST 2002

Hi all,

My Frontier server just went dead. The Frontier window works just fine; I
went through the Web menu and started and stopped the web server; I verified
the port as 80.

I then stopped Frontier, copied the backups of the manilaWebsites.root and
frontier.root (that I make every day), renamed them, and started up again.
Same thing.

On a related note, I've received my renewal notice, but when I try to renew
I get the famous

""Sorry! There was an error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name
"password" hasn't been defined.
The error was detected by Frontier 9.0 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster:
webmaster at userland.com. Time: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:20:10 GMT."

message. So I can't renew...I'm wondering if that has disabled my web
server?

Any words of wisdom you might be able to shed on this would be greatly
appreciated!

Brad Marsh