Filemaker + Frontier + OSX

Tom Spivey spivey at nureg.de
Tue Dec 10 05:23:46 PST 2002

I gave it another shot today:

The machine G4 running 10.2.2...

1. Installed a fresh Filemaker 6.0Dv3 - I hope the German version does not
cause the problem

2. Installed and updated Frontier 9

- Importing the verbs from Filemaker 6 gives an error Filemaker.app not
found, so I tried Ducktape 0.4 which also fails with an error.

- so I imported the verbs from Filmaker 6 with OS9 - that worked...

- Back in X, running an example getData script like the following fails

with Filemaker6, Objectmodel
    goto(database["users_.fp5"]);
    msg(getData(database["users_.fp5"].record[cell["login"] ==
"altflo"].cell["database_password"]));

Problem 1:
If you leave the goto script and the database is not the frontmost -
Filemaker will quit...

Problem 2:
With OS9 the query will return the password, with X if the window is the
frontmost window it now returns "true"

Running the script the 2nd time kills Frontier - sometimes it kills
Filemaker...

> I apologize for not having read your previous post on this topic. Can
> you repeat it? Either here on the list or to me directly?
>
> Are you using the Frontier built-in system.verbs.apps.filemaker table?
> If so, that's where your problems are. It's only for FileMaker 4.
> Enough has changed in FileMaker 5 that you will need a new apps table.
> At least, this is what we found out here at Dartmouth when we starting
> trying to interface with FM 5 from Frontier under OS X.
>
> -Brian
>
> On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 07:03  AM, Tom Spivey wrote:

If you have a working Filemaker verbs table, please send it to me.
Also please tell me which version of Filemaker are you using.

Thanks

Tom Spivey