Upgrade to Frontier 9 (on Mac OS X) Partial Failure

Michael 'Mickey' Sattler michael at GeekTimes.com
Mon Dec 16 21:46:36 PST 2002

My upgrading to F9 on Mac OS X seems to have been partially broken.
Throwing away the F9 folder and bringing a new one from the dmg
doesn't help; it never initiates the basic communications with the
Userland servers.

Question: how do I set the state of things back to clean? Hidden
prefs somewhere?

Symptoms: I can't upgrade the root because the serial number is invalid, etc.

Help!

Many thanks.

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael at GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

AIM: "SF Geek" <--- trying to see whether it's worthwhile to keep on

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here
and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)