Making Dialogs in Frontier

Philippe Martin flip.m at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 30 07:38:16 PDT 2002

At 21:39 +0200 29/07/02, Helmut Jäcklein wrote:
>Hello list!
>
>I am still looking for a good method to make Dialogs in Frontier.
>"DialogDirector" made by Christopher E. Hyde <http://www.hylight.demon.co.uk/DialogDirector/>
>would be great. But when i try it out after loading its osax, i earn
>"MacOS Error 6500" only.
>
>Has somebody experiences about this kind of osax?

The "New Finder Glue" (as we called it back in 98) used DialogDirector and had a suite to access the OSAX. At this time, the problem we had to solve was caused by a bug in DialogDirector: it expected the attributes to be in a certain order in the AppleEvents it received (while it should have accepted them in any order, as they're named attributes). So there was a script in that suite that built the AppleEvents according to DiDi's expectations, instead of letting Frontier build them.

I don't know if DialogDirector can be used on Mac OS X, but if you're still on OS 9, you should definitely try to get the "New Finder Glue". The "DiDi" suite was quite cool, and it should still be usable, at least as a starting point.

Unfortunately, ScriptMeridian is temporarily down, so you won't be able to get it from there before a couple of days. But I can send you what I think was the last version of the "New Finder Glue". Write me privately if you want it.

Philippe

 Philippe MARTIN
 mailto:philippemartin at wanadoo.fr