Froniter and Jaguar pre-release

Jake Savin jake at userland.com
Tue Jul 30 23:10:10 PDT 2002

On Tuesday, July 30, 2002, at 01:36 PM, David Bridges wrote:

>> We just received our most recent release of Jaguar. We installed
>> frontier
>> 8.0.5 with current root updates on the machine. When we try and run an
>> AppleScript script stored in the ODB, it comes up with an unable to
>> allocate
>> free block error.
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this?  Any ideas what the problem might be?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Help! Has anyone at UserLand seen this???

We've had reports, but haven't verified them ourselves at this point.
There were some small changes made to the Frontier kernel which fix a
problem resulting from a change to the AppleEvents API made by Apple.
It's possible that there have been more changes in 10.2, but I'm not
aware of any specifically.

It would be useful to know if you see the same behavior in the latest
release of Radio UserLand (8.0.8). You can get a free trial here:

http://radio.userland.com/download

If the AppleScript works there and not in Frontier, then it may be an
easy fix.

Thanks,
-Jake