Rendering with XSLT

Brian V Hughes brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Mar 12 12:03:28 PST 2002

--On 03/11/2002, Bill Humphries wrote:
>I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with, or done production
>work where they store pages in the ODB as XML tables, and use XSLT
>to generate the HTML.
>
>Can you contact me on or off list to share?

I haven't done anything like this, as of yet, but this is one of the
ways that I had been planning to experiment with the
sys.unixShellCommand verb. There aren't any XSLT DLLs for Frontier
that I know of (although I think it would be really cool if there
were...), so the only way I can see to make something like this
happen is via the Unix command line.

A Perl or Python script could be written to take an XML document from
the standard input, process with XSLT and then output the transformed
document. Not an ideal solution, since the XSLT template file would
need to be kept in the Unix file system, but it is doable with
Frontier for OS X...

-Brian