Problem setting up Frontier & an oddity on entering serial number for the first time.

Douglas Wagner hdmw at mac.com
Mon Mar 18 15:29:35 PST 2002

Hello:
I having a problem setting up Frontier 8.0 on a Powerbook G3 running OS
X 10.1.3.
Each time Frontier is unable to set up "port forwarding".
When the procedure is finished, the browser is unable to connect to the
server.
I've entered the IP address as <127.0.0.1> as both the server and the
client browser will be running on the same machine.

1	Anyone know what might be going wrong here?

*****

2	Incidentally, during the setup procedure, the Userland server ask
for an "Admin" password. I assume this is a password I choose when I
wish to access the Frontier server, and not my OSX Admin. password?

3	One oddity occurred when I first started Frontier.
I entered my serial number, then Frontier reported this error:

Can't launch Frontier because "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>My First Static Page...

When I clicked OK, I was asked to enter the serial number again. This
time the dialog field contained the text of the error message above.

DW