Another Request: sablotron.dll

Bill Humphries whump at apple.com
Tue Mar 19 11:27:00 PST 2002

On Monday, March 18, 2002, at 10:51 PM, Andre Radke wrote:

> Do you have any idea how Sablotron compares to, say, the Gnome project's
> libxml2/libxslt, see http://xmlsoft.org/ and http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/ as
> far as features and performance are concerned?

I know that Sablotron has not been feature complete with respect to the
XSLT 1.0 specification, but they have been catching up.

As Emmanuel pointed out, Sablotron does not support the standard set of
interfaces other XSLT processors have moved to. There's a very short
article at XML.com pitching Sablotron's differences http://www.xml.com/pub/
a/2002/03/13/sablotron.html. My impression is that they aren't using SAX,
but are promoting a different callback model that appears to work on XPath
requests into the DOM Sablotron creates.

In any case, some sort of XSLT processor would be a boon, and would save
many of us from the hell of writing outline and table rendering scripts.

-- whump