Frontier file path problems

Douglas Wagner hdmw at mac.com
Tue Mar 19 11:47:23 PST 2002

Hello:

I keep DocServer here:
{"OSX:Users:douglas:Documentation:DocServer:"}
rather than here:
{"OSX:Users:douglas:Applications:Frontier:Documentation:DocServer:"}

I can type "~/Documentation/DocServer" into an open file dialog in OSX,
but I can't use the same convention in Frontier.

e.g In a modification of <system.menu.scripts.openHelpPage>
I've added the line below to the <getLocalPath> handler so Frontier can
find DocServer.
localPaths = localPaths + ("~/Documentation" + pc + folderNames[i] +
pc + fname)

However, Frontier doesn't find the directory because it doesn't resolve
the path.

How does one get around this problem?

DW