How do I make a three level nav bar?

Brian V Hughes brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Mar 25 06:43:01 PST 2002

I've got a navBar macro that can handle multi-level navigation bars.
It's loosely based on the original navbar macro that comes with
Frontier, but handles multiple levels and renders the navigation bar
like an expanding and collapsing outline, based on the location of
the page being rendered.

We use it here in our web site production for Dartmouth departments,
and I'd be happy to share it with you. You would probably want to
make changes to it, depending on what your display needs are, but
you're welcome to hack the code up anyway you like. It makes use of
the regex verbs, so you'll need to make sure you have those installed.

Let me know if you are interested in looking at it, and I'll make it
available for downloading. We've also got a script that does the same
kind of thing for Manila site hierarchy XML structures, if people are
interested in that. That one probably needs some polish, but it does
work.

-Brian
--
Brian V. Hughes                          <http://www.dartmouth.edu/~comm/>
Webmaster                                Dartmouth College Computing Services