Apple Rackmounts

Brian V Hughes brianvh at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue May 14 12:12:16 PDT 2002

--You wrote:
>That's a compelling reason to have a 'headless' version of Frontier
>which runs as a daemon under a privileged user.

I would say yes and no to this. While I like the idea of being able
to run Frontier the same way I can run MySQL and PostgreSQL, it's not
really the same type of application. I find that there are all kinds
of times when I want/need to work in Frontier's interface. You can
proabably do 98% of that work via Timbuktu (which I'm not that
familiar with), but for an interface driven app, which Frontier still
is to a large extent, there's no substitute for working on the
console.

-Brian