Apple Rackmounts

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 14:13:55 PDT 2002

> > And I would say that there's no way that I'd want Frontier to run as a
> > privileged user, unless you mean something drastically different with
> > that term than I do.
>
> that should be UNpriviledged user. Damn spell checker.

You mean to run Frontier as something other than root, correct?  As in it's
generally considered a bad idea to run things like a web server as root.  Or am
I missing someting here?

What's the state of Mac OS X being able to run user sessions in different
consoles, a la X windows?  I always found it quite disappointing that Apple
hasn't implemented this feature, one basic to unix machines since the late 80's.
I'm assuming most Mac OS X apps won't run in X windows, is that correct?