Apple Rackmounts

David Carter-Tod wccartd at wcc.vccs.edu
Tue May 14 15:21:16 PDT 2002

At 03:41 PM 5/14/2002 -0400, Brian Gibson wrote:
>Just my two cents worth, you can take exe's and use a Windows 2000
>resource kit utility ( I forgot the name of it ) and turn it into a
>service so it will start up with out you having to log in.  I am new to
>Frontier and have it installed on my XP machine for dev reasons and I am
>not sure why they didn't implement it as a service instead of an exe in
>startup.

Firedaemon runs any application as a service on windows:
http://www.firedaemon.com/

I use it with frontier and it works pretty well.  That and VNC gives me
pretty much all I need.

David
--
David Carter-Tod
<wccartd at wc.cc.va.us>

Instructional Technologist/Distance Education Contact
Wytheville Community College, 1000 E. Main St.,
Wytheville, VA 24382
(wk) 276-223-4784
http://www.wcc.vccs.edu/

Online certificate in web site design: