Freezing Frontier (Was: Apple Rackmounts)

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Thu May 16 11:21:18 PDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002 13:50:00 -0700, Sam DeVore <sdevore at teachesme.com> said:

>For me  running frontier on os x has been a great experience, with one
>caveat I have a crash that has been happening on a fairly regular basis that
>I would love to figure out.  I seem to be able to prevent it from happening
>by restarting frontier once a day.  However in my mind this is a non-optimal
>solution

That reminds me; in running Frontier on OS X as a server and testing it
from the same machine using IE, I frequently see Frontier freeze up
completely - it becomes unresponsive and has to be force-quit. It's not a
big deal if I save frequently but it isn't the kind of thing I'd want to
have happen in a genuine server situation. Is this purely a result of the
one-machine server-client testing environment, or is it some other problem
that others have experienced? Thx - m.
--

matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt
pantes gar anthropoi tou eidenai oregontai phusei