question about This

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon May 27 16:44:41 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002 12:56:40 -0700, Matt Neuburg <matt at tidbits.com> said:

>Make a #tools script called getThis, as follows:
>
>  script.newscriptobject("return this", @tools^.myWeirdScript);
>  return myWeirdScript()
>
>Make a web page object that goes:
>
>  {getThis()}
>
>That works when rendering statically but not when rendering dynamically

Okay, that wasn't a good example, sorry. :-( I tried to simplify the thing
I was doing that was causing the problem, and I made it *too* simple. Darn.
Okay, let me try again. (Bullwinkle voice: "This time for sure!") Make
getThis go as follows instead:

  local (pta = html.getpagetableaddress());
  script.newscriptobject("return this", @pta^.weirdness);
  return pta^.weirdness()

Now, I claim *that* works when rendering statically but not when rendering
dynamically. m.
--

matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt
pantes gar anthropoi tou eidenai oregontai phusei