Frontier as Root

Sam DeVore sdevore at cliffhanger.com
Wed Nov 13 12:56:53 PST 2002

I wonder if maybe that frontier may not be the best tool for this.  It
does sound like something that a perl script could do really well.  And
frontier could just start it using the sys.unixShellCommand in sudo
mode.  Heck it might even be better to just use cron to trigger it.  I
wish I was a perl wonk so I could fire off a solution for you,  but
alas I am not (though I have started playing with python and it might
be good for this too and it feels in many ways like usertalk).  I do
wish there was some motion toward frontier running as a service or
whatever the proper term is, I know that paolo had mentioned something
about this a while back.  But brian I have got to think that there is a
perl script out there that would do just this task.

Sam D

Samuel C. DeVore    sdevore at teachesme.com
www.TeachesMe.com
Because if you are not managing your content...
Who is?
See us for content management for teachers/schools/students