Frontier as Root

Tom Donovan donovant at hawthorn73.org
Wed Nov 13 08:39:03 PST 2002

On 11/13/02 9:41 AM, "Brian Ablaza" <bablaza at stargroup1.com> wrote:

> Frontier is running with my privileges, since it launches under my
> login. So I see 2 options:
>
> 1) Check the owners of files and folders and change them using
> Frontier's ability to run terminal commands. This would be a
> performance hit and add unwanted complexity.

Off the top of my head...

Couldn't you skip the part about checking the owner and just use
sys.unixShellCommand to "chown" everything to your account?

Another option is to use cron to change the permissions periodically and
call Frontier to do its thing afterwards.

See http://frontier-osx.userland.com/callingFrontier for instructions on
calling Frontier scripts from the Unix side.

Tom