Stupid installation question

Jon Gotow gotow at stclairsoft.com
Fri Nov 15 14:30:11 PST 2002

At 12:48 PM -0800 11/15/02, Lawrence Lee wrote:
>What kind of network connection are you using?

I'm running a cable-modem connected through an Asante firewall/hub.
Frontier's running on Mac OS 10.2.1.  I just quit and then manually
entered my info in user.prefs, imported my old workspace table and
then downloaded the patches from updates.userland.com.

So far, I've tried running some scripts that automated things in
Eudora, and Frontier 8 crashes horribly the first time it tries to
talk to Eudora.  It looks like it's trying to call AECoerceDesc()
from within a non-main thread, which is a no-no under 10.2 (a lot of
the AppleEvent Manager isn't thread safe - I got nailed by this one
myself).  I'll try to narrow things down a bit more, but before I do,
is this a known issue?

>Also, there's a new version of Frontier available that doesn't have to
>connect to the installfrontier.userland.com server to complete the
>install. Download and upgrade packages are available:
>
>http://frontier.userland.com/download/

Thanks - I'll go grab a copy.

  -  Jon

         Jon Gotow                     gotow at stclairsoft.com
    St. Clair Software              http://www.stclairsoft.com/
     Fax (540)552-5898               ftp://ftp.stclairsoft.com/