Specific IP Address

Ryan Hale ryan.hale at levistable.com
Mon Sep 2 10:43:29 PDT 2002

Hi Everyone -

I have two different IP addresses on my server and am trying to set it up so the first one runs Frontier and the second IIS for static pictures and Gems.  My problem is that I have changed Frontier (or so I thought) to only listen on the first IP using these instructions:

IP address control: On Windows NT and PowerPC Macs, you can now control the IP address that Frontier will listen on. To use this feature with the built-in webserver, add a string named ip to user.inetd.config http, containing the dotted IP address that you want Frontier to listen on. Stop and restart the webserver to allow the changes to take effect.