Migrating to Mac OS X...

Sam DeVore sdevore at mac.com
Tue Sep 10 12:14:39 PDT 2002

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 09:13  AM, Bob Mitchell wrote:

> I am migrating WebStar 4.5 and Frontier 8.0.5 from MacOS 9.2.2 to
> WebStar V
> and Frontier 8.0.5 on MacOS 10.2. WebStar migrated and runs correctly;
> Frontier roots were migrated and run on OS 10 version, but I'm at a
> loss on
> how to setup the Action in WebStar that will process a Frontier script
> as a
> CGI. I'm not running the Frontier webserver. Could someone point me in
> the
> right direction?

Don't you have to look in the admin application under CGi actions and
then set up the action that points to Frontier with the proper
permisions, or is appleEvent stuff not working in 10.2 for you, it may
be that the creator code has changed from webstar 4.5 to V perhaps you
should see if that is the case and change the webstar apps table in
frontier to match it?  You might also look at the drmatt site on
userland.com (I think it is http://drmatt.userland.com/ ) there used to
be a good guide there.

Sam D

=======
See a new experiment: a dad and his two girls
http://scidzone.editthispage.com
join, see and share......
=======