Problems in OS X

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Sep 23 17:20:56 PDT 2002

>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:31:03 -0400
>Subject: Problems in OS X
>From: Monika Herzig <mherzig at indiana.edu>
>To: <Frontier-Users at userland.com>
>
>Hi
>
>This may be well off topic.
>
>I am finally trying to move all my stuff from OS 9 to OS 10.2.1. Somehow I
>am having trouble getting things in Frontier 8.05 to work correctly.
>
>When running Publish Page or Publish Table the files are written to my local
>directory but, unlike before Internet Explorer is not automatically opened
>to show a preview. It's a little detail that's important for the workflow. I
>tried changing the path in the System.Verbs.Apps section. When I used the
>correct path I got an Mac System error -600. That's the same error I get
>when I try to publish to my webprovider through Interarchy.

As far as I can tell this is because the priority of getting what I
consider the basic system-scripting aspect of Frontier to work on Mac OS X
(launch stuff, handle long filenames, etc. etc.) doesn't seem to be high
just now.

Try this. Change sys.bringAppToFront to read as follows:

on bringAppToFront (appname)
	workspace.bringapptofront (string(appname))
	// kernel (sys.bringapptofront) // busted

Here is your workspace.bringapptofront - NB it is an applescript!:

on bringAppToFront(whatID)
	tell application "System Events"
		set the frontmost of every process whose creator type is whatID to true
	end tell
end bringAppToFront

See if that helps - m.

--