Migrating images & gems

David A. Bayly dbayly at udena.ch
Thu Jun 26 08:21:05 PDT 2003

Pictures are easy; the masters are always in the website tables if
you uploaded them thru Manila originally.  The copies in the static
folder are duplicates, so you need to tell Manila not to use the url
to the dumped files. There's no way to do from Manila as far as i
know, but my Manilafixer plugin can do it.
<http://www.baylys.com:8080/help/manilafixer/>

Gems are never placed in the website table, so you are out of luck.
You will need to upload them again, effectively making new gems.
Unless  someone else has a tool for that. manilafixer can load a
folder worth of files that placed into the gems folder manually (or
by FTP) but the names it generates will likely not match your
existing gems, so that doesn't help.

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.