Restoring one site from backup.

David A. Bayly dbayly at udena.ch
Thu May 8 08:54:47 PDT 2003

At 15:49 +0100 03/05/08, Iain Dick wrote:
>Is there an easy way to restore a single manila/frontier site from the
>backup files.
>
>Our home page (story) was accidentally deleted and we need to find a way
>to restore it.

You don't need to get fancy. Find the folder with the site, then
- open folder called discussion group
- open the folder called messages
- find the file corresponding to the message number. Double click it.

Don't know the message number?  Go to your server, open the root,
with the website, open the website table myManilawebsite, find
#newsSite,  open it then find  discussLinks table, open it and see
entry called hompeagemsgnum.

But big caveat the internal tables in the message may not be backed
up properly. Only the first backup copies them, subsequent changes of
tables within message sub-tables are not backed up ever again.  Many
plugins store data this way, so the backups aren't useful if your
websites uses any of them..

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.