static render to active ftp

kthomas kthomas at siu.edu
Mon Apr 5 13:23:50 PDT 2004

I have a site that requires it be written to another server which I
cannot connect to via ftp unless I uncheck passive mode in my FTP
client. When I enter the "data" in #ftpSite then attempt to render the
site via manila - my frontier server reports that it is "227 Entering
Passive Mode (131,230,252,3,143,242) and never writes the files to the
server.

I tried changing #ftpSite:ftpusespasv to true (and false) but nothing
changes. Search reveals nothing about this flag.

In my OSX network panel I unchecked "Use Passive FTP Mode" just in case
it had a bearing but nothing changed.

I have control over the target server and no idea what kind of box it
really might be.
We'd like to render this site from manila. Please help.

/kelly