logging hits stats for Manila site visitors

Bob Raiselis bob.raiselis at VALLEY.NET
Wed Apr 7 06:06:00 PDT 2004

I need to enable some sort of comprehensive stats package for a Manila
site (moved an existing site over to Manila and they are used to seeing
lots of stats on visitors). Most visited pages, search terms, referring
pages, the whole business. Needs to be user friendly.

I've never seen any good description of how to get this running. Yes, I
can turn on logging, but what then? I need some kind of clear step by
step of what I need and how to set it up.

Or does it make more sense to use one of the low-cost external services
(the ones that plop a little image on each page and then track that)?

thanks.

Bob