New Message: Date format MM/DD/YY I want DD/MM/YY

Chris Bunch chris at bayswaterfarm.com
Sun Apr 18 05:13:16 PDT 2004

--On Tuesday, January 13, 2004 12:39 pm -0500 "Leslie O. Snively"
<les at windstream.com> wrote:

> On 13 Jan, 2004, at 11:34, Samuel Reynolds wrote:
>
>> At 2004-01-12 10:25 PM +0000, you wrote:
>>> By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)
>>> Can anyone advise how I alter the date format from showing lke this
>>> I want it show as DAY/Month/Year/
>>
>> If you're running on Windows, set the format in the
>> Date/Time control panel. Then restart Frontier.
>> Frontier loads and caches the format from the system
>> on startup.
>>
>> - Sam
>
> 	The same thing can be done on the Mac, except use the Date/Time System
> Preferences panel.  In OS 10.2 it appears that anything other than the
> default values have to be set each time the machine boots, but it stays
> set until the next restart.  I haven't checked to see if that little
> glitch is fixed under OS 10.3.
>
> Les Snively

I am running OS X 10.3: this doesn't seem to be a problem now. (Not that I
had noticed it before).

The problem in Frontier/Manila persists, however. What's more, it is
inconsistent. My System Preferences specify a dd/mm/yyyy format: the dates
appearing in the Discussion Group topics listing are correctly formatted.
However, the news items on my home page(s) are followed by an attribution
line such as "Posted by Chris Bunch on 2/27/04; 3:06:20 PM", i.e. with the
date in m/d/yy format.

It would be really good if Userland could fix this longstanding bug.