New Message: Re: Bulletin Email Addresses

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Aug 30 00:30:55 PDT 2004

By: Bill (crllen at bigpond.com)

Hello Robert,

The stats/members/ is the place to see the membership list?

When you navigate to the /stats/ page only can you see the four options?

Hourly Hits

Members

Most Read Messages

Referer

As a managing editor, you should be able to see the list? Is there anyway that you may not be using the login that has managing editor status?

In relation to the lack of subscribers coming up on the subscription lists, have a look at this thread.

http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$13538?mode=topic

It is a known issue that many of the gurus in this list can assist you with.

Tom Clifton, a regular in these forums, outlined the probelm to me, see below.

 Ok, let me try to explain this. The problem arises because a membership group can apply to multiple sites and people might want to be on bulletins for some sites, but not others.

To allow this behavior, Manila creates [yourManilaSite].#newsSite.bulletinsPrefName when a site is created. The prefsWizard that is created at this time is modified to use the bulletinsPrefName and will work correctly.

Unfortunately the signUpWizard that is used when people join the site is not modified and just stores the bulletins information in the users table.

My site had the "missing subscribers" problem and Tom was able to assist.

I hope this helps steer you to a solution.

Cheers

Bill