New Message: Bug in viewOpml macro?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sun Feb 22 08:39:01 PST 2004

By: Steve Kirks (srk at mac.com)

All:

I've been doing some experimenting with the Manila macro viewOpml and I've noticed a behavior that is either a bug or a feature.

Situation:

I have a story on a Manila site that consists of one line: the viewOpml macro with a URL as a parameter. When the story is first created, the macro pulls the file and renders the OPML file beautifully. No issues.

Next, I open the source outline in Radio and make changes, adding text, changing outline order and such. I save the outline to the Radio gems folder which is promptly upstreamed to the remote FTP server I use to host the weblog. I refresh the Manila story page, hoping to see my changes.

Nope.

So is...

..Manila caching the content?

..my blog's Apache server reporting the file "hasn't changed", thus preventing a Manila retrieval?

..the world nuts?

You choose!

Steve

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.