New Message: Can I set/change the default site for my Manila Server?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jun 15 16:29:35 PDT 2004

By: Dan (sysop at nelson.co.nz)

Is there a way to set a default site that mistyped domains on the server drop into ?
E.g. I have a site on my server .. http://www.nelson.co.nz .. This site houses quite a few community and business sites e.g. http://www.acupuncture.nelson.co.nz/ .

However, if someone types http://www.accupuncture.nelson.co.nz/ in error (i.e. misspells the site name or even types crap.nelson.co.nz) the page displayed is that of the homeManilaWebsite (www.dp.co.nz) although displayed with whatever domain name was entered in the address bar.

I would much prefer to do a redirection for any such dodgy domains to the absolute address http://www.nelson.co.nz .. which look much more appropriate.

Is this possible ? What do I need to change in the config of the server ?

thanks in advance

Dan