User defined macros aren't being found in Radio UserLand 8.0.8

Jeff Shepherd JEFF.K.SHEPHERD at saic.com
Thu May 13 17:52:57 PDT 2004

Every now and then I get the itch to run my old Frontier 5.0.1 in Mac
OS X and take a whack at trying to import my old database into Radio
UserLand.

Well, I'm scratching at it again, and right now my macros aren't
working.  When I render a page I get an error such as

[Macro error: Can't call the script because the name "createdDate"
hasn't been defined.]

It doesn't matter where I put the macro.  I have tried putting it in
all the #tools folders going from the web page I'm rendering all the
way up to websites.#tools.

Also, even though I have the website.#prefs.logMacroErrors set to
True, I'm not getting any error messages in the usual
user.html.macroErrors outline.

The macros work if I fully qualify them.  That is
{websites.["#tools"].createdDate()} works but {createdDate()}
doesn't.  Interestingly, putting it in user.html.macros *does* work.
But I'm still not getting any macro error logging.

Mac OS X 10.3.3, Radio UserLand 8.0.8
--
(Jeff Shepherd)            Drink your coffee...
<jeff at trg.saic.com>        There are people asleep in India right now.