New Message: XML-RPC interface for search *results*?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed May 19 11:44:11 PDT 2004

By: Christoph Pingel (pingel at zkm.de)

I have a manila site that uses another machine as search engine server. Works just fine. Now I want to use a Flash applet (for some complicated reason) to do the search, and I'm wondering if there is a way to retrieve search results via XML-RPC. Mainly, I'm interested in getting the storyReader numbers of the messages that contain the word I search for.

Or would any of you recommend to do it via HTTP-POST or any other way? I'm open to suggestions. My preference, however, is XML-RPC.

TIA,
best regards,
Christoph