Macros don't have the ability to cascade

Jeff Shepherd JEFF.K.SHEPHERD at saic.com
Mon May 24 09:27:15 PDT 2004

At 4:27 PM -0700 5/20/04, matt neuburg wrote:
>  >When looking up a macro, Frontier's behavior was to look in the
>>#tools folder (e.g. websites.mySite.dir1.dir2.#tools) for the macro,
>>and then if the macro wasn't found, to go up a directory and look in
>>that #tools folder and up and up until getting to the websites.#tools
>>folder and then if not there finally look for the macro in the
>>user.html.macros folder.
>
>That was never Frontier's behavior. If Frontier behaved like that for you,
>then you were employing some third-party add-on or modification. (I wrote
>such a modification; you may have been using it.)

Thanks for the reply.  As you may have noticed by my reference to
Frontier 5.0.1 I've been a longtime user and sometimes can't tell
what was stock and what was add-on.  I even have a "Frontier: The
Definitive Guide" which was very helpful to me as a Frontier newbie.
(I'd lament about how nice it would be to have a current manual, but
I know Frontier/Manila/Radio is a moving target and the current
purpose has moved away from the scripting aspect you were/are so fond
of.)

Is your third-party modification still available?  Unfortunately, It
looks like html.processmacros has been moved inside the kernel.

At 4:27 PM -0700 5/20/04, matt neuburg wrote:
>  >As such, my 'breadcrumbs' macro no longer works.
>
>That's something I cannot speak to. It's your macro. m.

I was hoping someone might volunteer a solution they had coded up,
but found one myself.  I'm using the navBar() macro to achieve
similar functionality. navBar() takes information from a directive in
the #prefs table, which does cascade nicely.

Thanks again for responding!

  - Jeff -
--
(Jeff Shepherd)            Drink your coffee...
<jeff at trg.saic.com>        There are people asleep in India right now.