New Message: Help: Members cannot login

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Nov 12 06:59:39 PST 2004

By: Robert Campbell (bcampbell at banknorth.com)

Hi,
We added a Manila site through the createASite page. When we clicked on the link, we got a page cannot be found error. In looking at the url, we noticed it was reversed. It should have been http://server:8192/thenewsite. Instead, it was http://thenewsite/server:8192. We changed the url to the correct format and it worked. But rather then continue with something that started out incorrectly, we clicked on the disable link from the admin page and then clicked delete site.

The intention was to ask the discussion group about this type of error and see what was going on...However...

Our membership is shared from one site for all of our sites. Now, anyone was not logged in before all of this happended cannot login now. Users who were logged in already have no problem.
We have a lot of users who need to access secure reports and cannot login.

I've looked at some of the login/membership posts, but do not see any solution I could try with any degree of confidence. Since I was logged in as admin, I can't logout because I may not be able to get back in... any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Campbell

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.