New Message: Does Manila Provides following functionalities

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Nov 22 13:09:24 PST 2004

By: Sindhu Kumar (sindhukumar.natesan at citigroup.com)

Hi,

Our current project needs to implement the Blog functionality.

I came across your site and found out that your product satisfies most of our requirements. I downloaded the trail version today to explore more on that.

I have following queries, request you to explain in detail.

Q1. Does your manila product provide option to upload documents along with the discussion items? If yes, how to do that?

Q2. I found out that your application uses a different (frontier) server to run the weblog, Is it possible to implement your application to run using IIS Server only? If Yes How to configure that?

Q3. Our application needs all the content that transfers between our browser and webserver should be secured. Is it possible to user HTTPS protocol instead of normal HTTP to access these pages?

Q4. How the user password is encryted? Where it is stored? How it is encrypted? What kind of encryption logic is used to encrypt the password? How the discussion messages are stored in server, Is that encrypted?

Q5. All our web application uses Siteminder for Authenitcation. Is is possible to integrate manila product with siteminder? At the same time is it possible to use normal user id instead email address as login Id?

Request you clarify on the above queries.

Thanks
Sindhu Kumar

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.