New Message: Former weblogs.com site problems

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Nov 23 07:41:21 PST 2004

By: Craig Jensen (craig at bookways.com)

At Craig's BookNotes (http://booknotes.buzzword.com), a former weblogs.com website, I've been having escallating connectivity problems. I'll try to describe them:

#1. When I check referers at
http://booknotes.buzzword.com/stats/referers I get this error message:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't get the name of this site because there is no address in config.manila.sites pointing to this Manila site.

#2. I've been editing Craig's BookNotes with Radio since Radio was called Pike. Since the switch to buzzword.com, I have not been able to access Craig's BookNotes, with Radio, except via the Edit with Radio button in the web browser. When I open the site in Radio, the main directory is displayed but I don't have access to anything. For instance, if I try to open the Home Page I get the following error message:

The server, booknotes.buzzword.com, returned error code 4: Can't get the msgNum of the home page because "craig at bookways.com" has not supplied a valid password.

Yet, the password I supply is the one I use when I edit the website via the browser.

#3. Now, when I click on the Edit with Radio button on my home page, or any other page, the email password box come up in Radio. I enter my email and password and then get this error in the browser:

It Didn't Work
Radio UserLand reported an error:

Can't edit with Radio because the username and password have not been set.

Rogers Cadenhead has asked that I bring up the problems here. Any suggestions or ideas?

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.