New Message: collaborative outliner?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Sep 3 00:00:25 PDT 2004

By: Russ McBride (russ at psyex.com)

It's been a long time since I looked at Frontier but maybe it's just the right tool for the job. I need to publish an outline with nodes that others can comment on, and with the option to suggest alternative structures, but where those comments and alternative structures can be seen everyone. Basically, I need groupware for outlines. I was thinking of doing this as a networked app with J2EE & JTrees, or maybe WebObjects and JTrees, or maybe in Revolution, but I'm looking for a quick solution with less work, ideally, and oddly enough maybe an html app might be appropriate. I also need a standard format for the outlines so I can convert the outline into a graphics image using something like Inspiration or Omnigraffle.

Anyone want to throw a few suggestions or tips my way about using Frontier for this?

Thanks,
Russs