New Message: random images in stories

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Wed Sep 15 11:48:11 PDT 2004

By: Melissa Green (greenmj at scc.losrios.edu)

I'd like to have a group of images available to all users on our site and a reference in the template to display a random image from this group. The home page template would be where the image appears.

I'd also like to use a local version of this on any story where the user has created a group of images.

So far, my research has suggested ... samesize images, sequentially named, available at site or server, where images are named 'garden1' to 'garden6'

and the return and random macro
{\return ("garden" + random(1,6)")}