New Message: Adding a domain name to Manila

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Fri Sep 17 08:13:54 PDT 2004

By: Stephen B. Waters (sbwaters at rny.com)

Our main frontier domain name is at:

 http://blogs.rny.com

We add manila sites by using the subsidiary form

 http://blogs.rny.com/sbw/

Now, I'd like to create a new manila website that has its own domain name and a subsidiary directory to point to it:

http://hometown.rny.com/Rome/

that would actually map to

 http://blogs.rny.com/Rome/

and be recognized as a manila site.

We have put "hometown.rny.com" as an alias to "blogs.rny.com" in the DNS.

What I need to know is:
1) Do I just CreateASite as "Rome" so that the website is created as blogs.rny.com/Rome/and then
2) Put in a "hometown.rny.com" domain in config.root that points to default?

After that, do I change any prefs?

Your thoughts?

Regards/Stephen