New Message: Manila usersMapKey numbers and userMap tables

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Sep 20 01:47:53 PDT 2004

By: Fabrizio C. (fabrizio.catalano at fao.org)

Dear all,

as far as I underdand after a member is deleted from a members group the functionality to add a new member will not work properly.

There appears to be bugs in how the membership usersMapKey numbers and the userMap table are handled

I have found I way to manually fix the link:

I opened the manilaWebsite.root database with frontier
then set manually the preference reference pointer changing the pointer for the user with the wrong link as following:

sitenameManilaWebsite-->#MembershipGroup-->users-->"user's e-mail" -->UsersMapKey

 (this is the the foreign key for the Users map table that contains the preflink) this number should be changed in order to point to the right record in the following table:

sitenameManilaWebsite-->#MembershipGroup-->UsersMap

there you should find the related reference record named as UsersMap un the users table.

there are two differents way to proceed:
if the right record is present in the UsersMap list you just need to change the value into the UsersMapKey pointing to the right one
if the rightUsersMap record does not exists you have to add a new usermap in the following way:

Go to Table --->new scalar ---> string frontier menu, than give as a name the UsersMapKey number and fill the value with the user's e-mail.
I'would like to have a feedback from userland that this can be a way to fix the wrong username link to the profile without introducing any other trouble
regards
Fabrizio catalano