over 200 threads running - more info

Steve Hooker steve at cybersaps.com
Sun Sep 26 02:07:10 PDT 2004

What and where will be difficult to guess from a distance. You may want
to dig into the Mainresponder.root threads too at
mainResponder.background.everyMinute. But strange you say every few
minutes not every minute.

Perhaps you may think about your DNS and tcp.httpclient. There's a line
in that script that goes something like this, "Turn our worst case into
our best case." Perhaps 'something' like the aggregator is trying to get
local feeds and failing. Whatever it is, each thread, because of some
DNS mistake will take an extremely long time to time out. Hope this helps

Steve Hooker
http://www.cybersaps.org/

--
Steve Hooker