New Message: Re: How to Log to a Text File

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon May 2 01:07:24 PDT 2005

By: Ben Collis (ben at dp.co.nz)

Not happening for me ... just the regular log 2005-01-01.root file in the logs dir, no Common log directory.

On the Logging and Statistics page of the settings I have all of these checked >>

Logging and Statistics

Frontier can maintain logs detailing what happens on your server and statistics that provide a cumulative view. You can choose which logs and stats Frontier should maintain, and where to store the logs.

 Check this box to log every HTTP request.
 Check this box to log every XML-RPC and SOAP request.
 Check this box to log root updates.
 Check this box to enable search engine logging
 Check this box to log scheduled tasks.

and these .... >>

Common Log Format
Common log format is a text file format used by popular web servers like Apache. Many log analysis programs used to generate traffic graphs and summaries can read this format. Settings in this section enable or disable the output of common log text files, and determine what information is included.

 Check this box to log HTTP requests in common log format.
 Check this box to use common log date format.
 Check this box to include virtual hosts.
 Check this box to include referers.
 Check this box to include User-Agents.

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.