Brackets on html tags don't render...

Bob Kemp Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:52:15 +0100

Hi again everyone,

Another little problem: I'm trying to import another site into my Manila
site, and doing so simply by making new stories and cutting and pasting the
html into them. Unfortunately the html doesn't render consistently doing
this. Opening brackets for html tags are rendered as < - but not always.
Sometimes they work just fine.

I was prepared to put up with this little idiosyncracy and edit the
brackets by hand, but I've now found that when I restore the opening
bracket and post the changes, < is still there to haunt me. I suspect
this is an XML-related problem - something to do with interpreting
less-than literally? Can anyone suggest how to deal with it?

Thanks,

Bob Kemp